Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Roll Up Those Genes, Spring Has Sprung


Setting: Front yard where Boy Mom is admiring her blooming bulbs and enjoying a moment of quiet. #3 and #4 walk up having returned from a church activity.

#3: Yo, Mom! What's for dinner.

#4: Now here we see an example of Co-dominance. (As he points to a white and orange Daffodil that bloomed today.)

#3: Dinner Mom??? I'm starving!

#4: You see, when the white flower, uhhh...mates? with the orange flower, the dominate gene for white and the dominate gene for orange...

#3: (interrupts) Uh Oh! Nerd alert!

#4: (ignores and continues) ... each contribute alleles with out overpowering the other so both colors are represented.

#3: I'm making everybody French Toast for dinner.

#4: I need to take a poop then I'll help you.

Boy Mom: Uhhh...wash your hands.

Happy spring from my heterozygous flowers...and teens.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love that they bring you back to reality.

Jenny said...

:D You and your boys crack me up. At leas #4 getss genes. I never did .

Lyn said...

LOL! Isn't it amazing the two (or more) children from the same two parents can be so very different? I love it! Happy Spring!

Cathy Brian said...

well, now...are you sure he said "poop" ? that whole genes thing makes me laugh

Stephanie said...

Haha! Thanks for the story. Daniel LOL'd

Our Family

Our Family