Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm Back...Hack,Cough, Wheeze, Kind Of

On August 31 #2 came home from football practice collapsed on the couch for a couple of hours then woke up with a 103 degree fever and congestion from hell, sorry no other word works.

The next day I recognized the tattle tale announcement call from the High School. Only it wasn't telling me #2 had missed classes that day. Instead, it was an announcement that there were several documented cases of H1N1 flu (Swine Flu) at the High School. Really.

So for a month now various members of Boy family have dropped like flies.

On the 15th at 9:45 PM I was celebrating a day well multi-tasked, not a frequent occurrence in my life. I was just finishing up the dishes when things started disappearing, like my ability to not cough every 3 seconds, and my comfortable 98.7 body temp. Eventually I lost my sense of smell, my household maintenance skills, my voice, bladder control, the ability to breathe without pain, and control of all the little messers that live 'round these parts. For a couple days there I just freakin' wanted to die.

Things are slowly coming back, bladder control had better hurry it up, 98.7 is back, I can breath without much pain if I keep it shallow, I cleaned the kitchen Sunday. And, to the chagrin of the messers, my sense of YELL is back.

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts! And, get your Piggy flu shot, you don't want this bad boy.

11 comments:

Barbaloot said...

I'm glad you're healing!!! Hope the rest of your family is doing okay.

Suz said...

Hey isn't 98.7 a local radio station? However I think it is B 98.7 not feel 98.7, ;)

I am so glad you are back. I totally enjoyed our lunch break at the other day.

Love Ya

Suz

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Have missed you a TON!!! So glad you are feeling better!!!

NO MORE PIGGY FLU FOR THE BOY HOME!!!

Wish I could bring you a meal. You must be exhausted!

HUGS!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

WILLOW TREE said...

My youngest son has croop... praying against all odds that the rest of the house does not follow suit. Nothing says fall like the smell of Vicks. Glad you're feeling better!

Blessings, C~

LeShel said...

NASTY!! You poor thing, trying to heal while caring for little boys.

mandi said...

I'm so glad you're getting better! That doesn't sound fun at all. My boys have been sicking it up around here, too, this last week. So crappy.

Mummy McTavish said...

GET ALL BETTER SOON! We miss your funny blog posts! Oh, and we care about your health and all that stuff but we REALLY miss your posts ;)

Chief said...

I am so afraid of this. Y'all know Chief can't handle this right?

I am glad you are among the living!

Mummy McTavish said...

Hey, been evesdropping (is that one word or two?) over at the NB's place. Sounds like things kinda suck at the moment... praying for you and #4. I'd say give him a big hug from me but big hugs from random internet strangers would probably be something you have warned him about :) Better just let him know there's a smaller boy family in Australia praying for him and you can keep the hug for yourself (HUG)

Techno Grandma said...

Don't bad things come in threes? What with #7's stitches, the Piggy flu, and now #3's broken leg you've had your share. At least #3 stopped the guy with the football--no great loss without some small gain--but let's hope things settle down now at boy house. Love ya'

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

Our Family

Our Family