Monday, March 21, 2011

One of Us is This Cool

This Blogger is my hero. She makes me laugh. Well, me and a kazillion other people, with her words of the year, smut one year, debauchery another, Ha! Her lofty goals, getting her blog banned from as many work places as possible or extreme littering. She has taught lovely lessons about relationships, and real estate sales; but, my favorite is Kristina pointing out how to glean little niggets of awesomeness from the lives of celebrities. I can't even begin to do justice to her hilarity and brilliance! I'm just not that cool.

No, sadly I'll never be as cool as Kristina, but my 6 year old #7? He's all that and a bag of Icy Hot.

#7 comes in early one morning last week and jumps on my bed in the usual manner, flip over the foot-board. "Mom, Do you like Justin Beaver (Beiber)?" He asks.

"Yes, I loooooovvvee him, he is soooooo cute and sings soooooo good!" I answer, in my best syrupy sarcastic voice.

"Well, you're the only one in our whole family who like Justin Beaver (Beiber). Know why?" he asks with a glint in his eye.

"Why am I the only one that likes Justin BieBer?" I ask, emphasizing the B sound, even though calling him Justin BeaVer is hilarious. (Don't even ask, Mom, I'm not explaining it.)

"We don't like him because we're all boys.... and he's a girl!" He waits for the laugh. Which he got!

You should go check out Kristina's Blog .

And no worries, Kristina, #7's won't be taking over your spot in the blogiverse just yet; he's got cool and celebrity snark down but is still working on the finer points of writing, ABC's and stuff.

Curse and Drat! My links don't seem to be working. I warned you I'm not cool. Go to Pulsipher Predilections on my side bar.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Awww, this warms my heart! He's like my little protoge.

And thank you for the kind, snarky words.

Barbaloot said...

Okay-he's (she?) has always creeped me out a little bit. But then he cut his hair, and I'm sorry, he really does look like a girl!! I saw the pictures of him and Selena Gomez holding hands and it looked...weird.

Just Us said...

Yea, you found me again! We changed the blog address so that we looked more like a family to potential birth mothers, you know, with both our names. Then our hard drive crashed and we lost all of our favorite blogs, so i am so glad you found me so I could find you!

As to Justin Beaver, just glad he finally met the barber.

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm laughing at Bea Ver! Why hadn't I thought of that? There is a street by me named Beaver and I can't get enough of saying, "I'm going up Beaver!"

Debbie said...

Who among us doesn't love Kristina? She is incredible.
And how cute your son is!

Our Family

Our Family