Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Autumn

I love this time of year. It's finally cool enough to enjoy all the outdoor things I love, I can give up on weeds, and watering and I get to bring all my potted plants in doors. My apple trees had an off year in 2007 we got just enough to feed us and the birds and to share a few with the neighborhood children. I think that by the time I calculate the cost of spraying to prevent worms, and the extra water so they are big and sweet, and all the yelling I have to do to keep the kids from climbing the trees, picking them while they're green and turning them into baseballs, I doubt it's worth growing them but when my son takes a 'national geographic' photo of my apples for a school project or when I walk out and pick a golden golden delicious apple and take the first mellow crisp bite it sure seems worth it. How funny! Just as I am sitting here blogging about how I love this time of year the handy man, for the old people condos that my yards backs up to, came over to tell me that the old people who live there want me to cut the climbing roses out of the fence we share. Oh dear I hope as I grow old I never want to cut someones wild roses. Sadly it's not my immediate backyard neighbor sweet Ruby who tells me "I'm to never cut them because they make that ugly old fence beautiful". Well off to trim roses at least the weathers nice and I get to enjoy my MOST favorite Autumn activity tonight...little league football.

No comments:

Our Family

Our Family