Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Conferance Weekend

This Friday I made Cinnamon rolls for all the primary workers in our ward. My loving husband (albeit exasperated) recognizing that I had, as usual, given myself an overwhelming assignment, spent an hour and a half cutting cellophane, wrapping it around a cinnamon roll on a paper plate, and tying cute little bows around the top. He even got Joseph and Isaac to be his helpers and so when I got back from the store (for the tenth time that day) to get paper so I could make a little appreciation note they were all wrapped. Jacob drove me around Saturday morning to deliver them all, we watched Saturday morning session ran to Costco ( I swear we were just here yesterday) hurried home put potatoes in the oven to bake, cleaned the kitchen, watched the afternoon session of Conference, went to Mom and Dad Smith's for dinner and Priesthood session and our traditional homemade ice cream, dropped the kids off at home, went halfway back to Springville (thanks for meeting us halfway Mom and Dad) to get everything we forgot, including my purse which just didn't work because we needed to stop once more at the store to get a few more things so that we could have friends over for Sunday morning breakfast and watch conference and make soup and go to Steven and Erica's for dinner and hurry home and clean up so that we could have everyone ready for monday. Now throw a football practice into that somewhere and you'll know why I don't blog everyday.

Cinnamon Rolls
serves 12 - 15

1 cup warm water- 105-115 degrees
2 packets active dry yeast
1 tsp. granulated sugar
In small bowl, mix together warm water, yeas, and 1 tsp. sugar. set aside.

1 cup milk- warmed
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup butter- melted
2 tsp. salt
2 eggs- slightly beaten
8 cups all purpose flour
In large bowl mix milk, 2/3 cup sugar, 2/3 cup melted butter, salt, and eggs; stir well then add yeast mixture. Next add 5 cups of flour and mix until smooth. stir in enough of the remaining flour to make dough stiff enough to work with (dough will be sticky). next turn dough out on to well floured surface knead 5-10 minuets then place dough in a well buttered bowl, cover. Allow dough to rise until doubled in bulk, 1- 1/2 hours. Punch dough down and allow to rest 5 min. roll out on well floured surface into a 15" x 20" rectangle.

1/2 cup butter - melted
1/4 cup sugar (I use brown)
3 Tbls. cinnamon
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts, pecans (if desired)
Sprinkle evenly over dough. Roll dough up to form a Jelly roll. Cut into 12 to 15 slices

1/2 cup sugar(I use brown)
2/3 cup butter
Mix together and coat bottom of largest Pyrex cake pan ( next size above 13" x 9") or, 13" x 9 " and 8" . Place rolls in prepared pan/pans. Cover loosely with saran wrap allow to rise until doubled in size, about 45 mins.
Remove saran wrap. Bake at 350 degrees for 25- 30 mins. until rolls are nicely browned. cool slightly.

2/3 cup butter- melted
4 cups powdered sugar
2. tsp. vanilla
6 Tbls. evaporated milk
Mix powdered sugar and butter together with milk add milk to reach desired consistency. spread on slightly cooled rolls.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it. I'm running ragged with just 3! You must have more hours in your day than I have in mine.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it. I'm running ragged with just 3! You must have more hours in your day than I have in mine.

Our Family

Our Family