Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Fudge

Last night Joseph was sitting at the bar, OK on the bar, eating celery and carrots dipped in ranch dressing, watching me make minestrone soup for dinner. He watched seriously (Joseph does nearly everything seriously) while I prepared all the veggies and opened cans and added spices. Finally, he asked me "Mom, what are you making?"
I answered, "Soup for dinner."
He replied, seriously, "I'm not eating any."
Isaac walks in and asks, "Mom, what are you making?"
Joseph answers, very seriously, "Isaac, It's soup and don't touch any of it its got tons of vegetables in it."
Do you think I should tell Joseph that his favorite foods, celery and salad are vegetables? Me neither I think that will be my little secret for a few more years.

The soup was 'to die for', you can find it if you go to www.recipezaar.com/77585

So for those of you who 'don't touch anything with tons of vegetables in it', here is a veggie free recipe for fudge.

Fantasy Fudge
3 c. sugar
3/4 c. margarine
2/3 c. evaporated milk
1 12 oz. package of s/sweet chocolate chips (nestle' is the best)
1 7 oz jar of marshmallow cream
1 c. chopped nuts (optional)
1 t. vanilla

In a heavy sauce pan combine sugar, margarine and milk. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil 5 minutes over medium heat, stir, stir, stir. Remove from heat, add chocolate chips, stir until melted, add marshmallow cream, stir until well blended. Add nuts and vanilla stir until well blended. pour into a greased 13" x 9" pan. Cool at room temp. cut into squares. store covered.

Yummy, this is Richards favorite Christmas treat, I make a double batch, of course, and store it in the fridge in a large Tupperware.

No comments:

Our Family

Our Family