Sunday, December 7, 2008

Glorifying God

While in the middle of thinking all my woman, wife and mother thoughts I was approached by #2 with a question. "Mom, what does it mean to glorify God."

#2 doesn't take much of anything lightly he studies, meditates, prays, and ponders, I couldn't give him an answer from the head it had to be from the heart. I sat still, body, mind and mouth, too rare a state for me. Softly the answer touched my heart, "The scriptures say that Gods' work and glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man, in each way that you receive the spirit of God in such a way that it leads you closer to the ideal you, the you that God sees, the you that blesses the lives of others and brings peace and joy to the world you glorify God. "

"But, how do you glorify God Mom?"

My answer is not what's important; the important thing is the question. For in each of those womanly, wifely, motherly thoughts which are the creation of all my actions this beautiful question asked and lived, assures grace, truth, goodness and glory.

Thank you # 2, for a reminder of an important question, one which should temper all my thoughts every moment of every day of my life.

May I let go of the fleeting, foolish glories of the world seeking instead to glorify the Kingdom of God and his son Jesus Christ.

Sabbath Joy to you.

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I love the tender hearts of children! My children have also asked those questions that have brought me to my knees. They constantly keep me focused on the Lord while I am trying to do the very same to them.

Sounds like you handled it beautifully! Thanks for sharing!

carrhop said...

Amen.

Blessings~

Our Family

Our Family