Thursday, September 25, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday on Thursday

Some of the blogs I visit do a post called Works For Me Wednesday. Each Wednesday they think of something, a cleaning, tip, recipe, attitude, activity that works for them and they share it. I'm not the greatest at blogging for sure each Wednesday but I like the idea so here goes my Works For me Wednesday on Thursday.

I've been in the middle of a Holly Homemaker frenzy making jam. A few years ago my MIL gave me a recipe for Raspberry Apricot Jam. This is a great way to use up apricots because most people prefer Raspberry Jam to Apricot and this is the best Raspberry jam ever.

I made 35 pints with apricots earlier this year and my boys go through it at the rate of a jar a boy a day or something so when my little neighbor across the street began bringing me his windfall peaches I got to thinking. Apricots are round, orangy-yellowish fruits and peaches are round, orangy-yellowish fruits sooooo. I have been cutting out the bruised parts and making jam.

Here is the recipe.

7 Cups of apricots or peaches. Apricots just need washed and processed in a blender or food processor until finely chopped. Peaches need to be peeled then finely chopped.

2 Cups Raspberries I use the bags of frozen raspberries.

7 Cups sugar

mix all of the above in a large pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, stir and boil for 20 minuets then remove from heat and stir in a 6 oz box of Raspberry Jello. Pour into sterilized canning jars, wipe off rims grab flats that are sitting in a pan of very warm water on your stove place on jars and tighten rings. Next place jars in a canner or tall pot, cover with 2-3 inches of water bring to a gentle boil and boil 20 minuets. Remove from pot and set on cupboard to cool and set. My favorite sound in the world is the plink when the jars seal.

This is the best Raspberry Jam ever, it's easy and it works for me.

No comments:

Our Family

Our Family