Thursday, January 8, 2009

Inspired By You Wednesday on Thursday, (Just how my week is going)

Todays post is inspired by Octamom's (find her site in my blog role) Octamom is an amazing writer and photographer, a mother of eight hence the name and a blogger with a large following who takes the time to make thoughtful comments on others blogs.

Octamom mentioned that she was inspired by a fellow blogger to think of a word or phrase that would become her Mantra for the year. I thought that was an inspirational idea so I've been thinking of a word or phrase.

My word for 2009 is, drum roll please...LIGHT.

We come to this earth from light and almost immediately begin to be weighed down by the dark and heaviness of this earth. I have felt that weight and have cloaked myself with that weight. It is time to awake and walk in the light of the son.

2009 is my year of light.

10 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I LOVE that! Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Anonymous said...

Isn't it interesting how we feel weighed down and in the dark, but others view us as light. The LIGHT you radiate truly helps me see and be at peace. I would compare my life to one of those new florescent light bulbs that seem to flicker before it is totally lit.
Love Ya

Nonna said...

That is a great theme for this year...especially with all the doom and gloom talk out there...thanks so much for visiting my blogs !

And I thought I had my hands full with 4 sons and 1 daughter. What a darling family you have... LOL !

Mummy McTavish said...

I said I would do this but so far... um... well... it hasn't happened. which in itself reflects poorly on what my word is. So perhaps I wont tell anyone my word then I cant be held acountable.

Ugh, I think it's just that I lack the eloquence to say it like I want to. Did you read Octamom's? my goodness that had me feeling inadequate, then I read yours... My writing will appear like a toddler scrawl in comaprison. And this comment has been a post in itself. A whingy whiney complainy post... Sorry 'bout that.

Your word/concept/aim is beautiful.

Valerie said...

Lovin' it!! Good thought for the year!!

This year my words are peace and patience.

You know in the Bible where it says "seek peace and pursue it"--that's going to be me!!

WILLOW TREE said...

Ooooh, great word. I loved that post; my word is Freedom. Its amazing how many different ways you can apply just one word to a whole year of your life. Light; that's fantastic.

Blessings, Carolynn

Unknown said...

I'm going to think about my word and come back.

Anonymous said...

I love that. So much more profound than what my motto was going to be - "Getting fine in '09?" Hmmm, not quite as introspective, but hopefully we'll have similar results.

Anonymous said...

Ι viѕіt day-to-dаy sοme sites anԁ sites to геad content,
howeνer this wеbsіte pгеsеnts
quality baѕеԁ posts.

Feеl fгee to viѕit my page :
: tens therapy units

Anonymous said...

I was very pleased to discover this ωеbsite.

I ωаnted to thank you for youг time for thiѕ paгticularly fantаstіc reaԁ!

! І defіnitely liked evеry lіttlе bit оf it and I
have you boоkmaгκed to loοκ at nеw stuff on your web ѕitе.


Feеl frее tο ѵisit mу web page .
.. irving cab

Our Family

Our Family