Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Inspired By You Wednesdays

I'd like to say that I was inspired by Heffalump, she blogs over at, I blog About Nothing,(check side bar). She wrote a post recently about swearing off refined sugar for two weeks. It was a great post and reminded me of all the reasons I love being sugar free. She brought out how much better naturally sweet foods taste, and how you avoid those sugar highs and LOWS! She also mentioned 5 lbs gone in two weeks with no other changes and no exercise.

I want to be inspired, I'm even trying to be inspired but a certain girl friend of mine is coming soon, she drops in every month or so. She's a demanding thing always wanting me to have loads of sweet and salty snacks around.

She convinces me that eating them is a better option then beheading one of my children or strangling a cell phone company employee. She further insists that it's not so much an addiction but my right as a fertile woman. Who am I to ignore such well researched arguments, apparently I'm not the only case study out there.

I really tried to be inspired by your great post Heffalump! Maybe next week?

7 comments:

Mummy McTavish said...

I'm inspired by you... Inspired to go and eat some chocolate!

3 Peas in a Pod said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

You're right, my oldest son could easily pass for one of yours! How funny.

Love your blog. I'll certainly be back.

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I am with Mummy McTavish! You inspire me with the sweet recipes! Yum!

Yeah, I know. Sugar is bad.

But it tastes OH SO GOOD!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Heffalump said...

There was a reason my swearing off sugar was for two weeks and not forever!
It did open my eyes to eating it less often though, which can only help my health.
Don't worry, I won't be upset. Go ahead and eat some for me, since I won't be having dessert until the weekend!
(Also, I ate some pretty bad for me foods while off sugar, like deep friend tempura zucchini covered in parmesan cheese. Not low fat for sure!)

Heffalump said...

P.S. Thanks for this post by the way. I should have said that first off!

Valerie said...

I am on a diet, but I don't plan on giving up on sugar anytime soon!! :) I've given up soda, that's enough giving up for this year!! :)

That Girl said...

How have I not discovered thee before?

I think I'm in love with you.

But let me just say that it is TOTALLY NOT FAIR that you post a VERY YUMMY LOOKING THINGIE and then talk about going no sugar.

I couldn't do it. I'll tell ya right now. Couldn't. Do it.

But I still like you, no worries.

Our Family

Our Family