Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Toothsome Tuesday

I was so excited to share this post on Tuesday but our Internet went down. So, as usual, a day late...

Remember a few weeks ago when I posted my concerns for the stability of the universe, upon waking up chubby (that's putting it nicely) and pimply one morning. Remember that I was chubby and pimply in high school so the cosmos' need for balance dictates that my middle years should be slender, perky and lovely skinned. Uhhh?

Then I read The Misplaced Americans blog and realized I had won a prize. Yea for me! And Whew, for the universe!

Drum roll....

My prize package of Brazilian lovin' arrived in the cutest floral box, filled with that Brazilian butt I've always wanted. I also got a lovely Brazilian beach and a tan, a Latin love..... wait, that package might have unbalanced the darn universe again.

What I got was way better, check it out.


That's some fine Brazilian love. Candy, yum! Flip flops, which I wore even though there was 10 inches of snow. Mango drink mix, Sunday when it warmed up a bit I mixed it up, poured it over ice and headed out to the sand box for a few minutes of Brazilian Beach fantasy. Luscious hair conditioner, which I'll be trying this weekend. And, last but definitely not least, a cheese roll mix, which I grudgingly shared with the boys and Adorable Hubby.

The Cheese Rolls were so delish that I just had to find a recipe and try them myself. Ahh, thanks Brecca(that's my vote for your new name), you made all my Brazilian lovin' fantasies come true plus, balanced the universe. You're my hero! Oh, and welcome back to the USA.

Here's a recipe for Brazilian Cheese Rolls so you can cook up your own Brazilian love Fest.
Pao De Queio
Brazilian Cheese Rolls
1c. Water
1c. Milk
1/2 c. Oil
1 t. Salt
1 16oz package tapioca starch (flour)
3 eggs
2 1/4c. grated Parmesan cheese

Blend dry ingredients, mix liquids, oil, and eggs together add to dry ingredients mix well, shape in 1 inch balls place on slightly greased cooking sheet. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Delicious filled with cream cheese or ham.

Tapioca starch can be found at local health food stores or ethnic stores, also in the gluten free section of supermarkets.

10 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

WOW! That's a lot of lovin' in a box! Where's my box to cure all of my imperfections...no fair.

Love the visual of the sandbox and the flipflops (or flipflips, as Sweet Pea calls them)...that's about as close to a beach we will be this summer! Thanks for the inspiration!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

carrhop said...

Congrats! And enjoy!

Blessings!

Mummy McTavish said...

That's a lot of love for one little box! Those look like comfy thongs, I like big wide straps so my pretty little toes don't get blisters. I'm a bit fussy about my flippy-flops. I was just thinking this morning I should plant another mango tree, I'll take this as confirmation that I am supposed to go ahead with that:) It doesn't take much, I love mango anything!

Heffalump said...

It's always fun to get something good in the mail!

Kathy P said...

I just LOVE that crazy Misplaced American!!! Not so misplaced anymore though!

Deb said...

Love it! Congrats on the win.

Summer said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yours is great! You are right your #7 and my #4 would be perfect together! Actually she had more clothes than usual that day. Her favorite form of fashion is Parent's Choice diapers size 5.

Summer

in time out said...

this is AWESOME....love the catch up. missed you. thanks for the comments. nice to hear from you...♥

Nonna said...

OMGosh !

I woke up this morning feeling oh so cubby and I had a pimple on my chin (first one in over a year)

What a cool gift to get to cheer you up !

MBLL said...

What a fantastic package. A great way to start off your spring.

I bet you are glad that she sent you flip flops instead of "thongs", I wouldn't want to wear that in the sandbox, Ehewww... what a chaffing.

Love Ya!

Our Family

Our Family