Friday, April 3, 2009

What The...Friday

Wow! A whole week of being away and still only the slightest trickle of inspiration despite some Herculean effort, thanks all you bloggy people out there. If you haven't read the comments on my last post you've missed poo, penis stretching, toffee, and cheap dates, it's worth the read.

And speaking of reading, I've decided to let you in on a little secret stash of mine. It's in this drawer... It is my comfort in times of stress, my guilty pleasure, my escape from reality. Yes, it's my bathroom reading stash.

What The...

"Mavis, get in here, she's talkin' potty!"

As I said, it's a trickle of inspiration.

When Adorable Hubby walked in and saw me taking photos of the toilet, he shuddered, I'm the only women in a house of 9 males, the only reason for me to be in the restroom with a camera would be photographic evidence of criminal lavatory behavior.

He closed the door, I waited, the door opened again, "do I dare ask?" He said.
"Blog!" I mumbled. He closed the door.

So, what do you read in the, little girls room?


10 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Why do men have nipples?

Mr.

Anonymous said...

I have to ask as well, Why do men have nipples? And, why is there a book on it??? Seriously, let me know why. Logan has been asking.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

First of all, I wish I had a little GIRLS room. Ya know, one that doesn't smell like urine 3 minutes after I clean it. Ya, I don't have one of those. Someday...

I digress. OK, when I am all alone in the bathroom...Wait, when exactly would that be? There is always a knock on the door, fingers crammed under the door, or a 3 year old claiming an emergency. Not sure I get too much reading done in that room. Sigh...But, when I can, I promptly pick up my Parenting Magazine so I can be ready to take on my kids the very instant I open the bathroom door. Since, we know they will all be standing there waiting.

So, fill us in on your bathroom reading knowledge... Why DO men have nipples? That seems to be the question of the day.

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Valerie said...

Funny! I haven't had much inspiration either, but I finally belted out a post today and actually scheduled one for tomorrow!! What do I read? I don't. I lock the door and escape the noise and try to gather a single thought!

I loved the criminal lavatory behavior!!! Too funny!!

Heffalump said...

I don't read in the bathroom, unless I take a bath. Then I lock everyone out and set up a step stool next to the tub with whatever book I am currently reading, and maybe some chocolate and a cold beverage.

Deb said...

I read old comic strips from the '80's. I have books of Bloom County, Calvin & Hobbes, Doonesbury, and The Far Side stacked in all of the bathrooms.

Opus should have been president.

Mummy McTavish said...

I'm hardly allowed to close the door so there is no more reading going on in there than any other time. But it looks like you have all the answers to life's biggest questions there!

mandi said...

I'm sure Paul will be happy to know that you're reading "his" book! Those are some thought-provoking books you've got there.

Gill said...

Yep i am curious about the nipples too..will sit here outside your virtual bathroom and wait for you to start the story ;)

Hugs to you all.x

3 Bay B Chicks said...

As usual, Deb steals my comment before I have a chance to actually post. She is my blog muse.

Opus definitely deserves the presidential title.

-Francesca

Our Family

Our Family